The Barnsley Resort (BGAC,LLC.) and its affiliated companies, subsidiaries and properties (collectively referred to as “Barnsley Resort,” “us,” “our,” or “we”) is committed to providing the highest level of service for our guests and all users of our Web sites and technology systems (collectively referred to as “guests”, “you” or “your”), which includes respecting your privacy and safeguarding the personal information you provide us.
The words “Barnsley Resort,” “us,” “our,” and “we” do not include third party service providers who may provide your personal information to us or who may collect your personal information while you are our guest. For instance, while we protect the personal information we may collect about you from a travel agent, we are not responsible for your travel agent’s collection, use, storage or disclosure of your personal information.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information when you:
1. Make a reservation to use, pay for or use any of our services.
2. Register for any program we offer.
3. Communicate with us regarding the delivery of our services.
4. Participate in one of our marketing initiatives.
5. Visit and/or use our Web sites.
We may also collect personal information of individuals who use our services with you which either you provide to us or which is provided to us by such persons.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to:
1. Provide you with services that you request from us or a third party with whom we have a business relationship.
2. Respond to your requests.
3. Contact you to verify the information you provide to us.
4. Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences.
5. Ensure our Web sites are of interest to you and help us better understand your use of our Web sites.
6. Protect the security and integrity of our Web sites.
7. Conduct internal reviews of our Web sites and services we provide.
8. Develop, enhance and market our services.
9. Provide you with personalized information and offers.
10. Manage our business and operations.
11. Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
12. Provide necessary notices to you.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Personal information may be shared among our affiliated companies, subsidiaries and properties and their management and employees involved in delivering our services to you.
2. Personal information may be shared with third parties involved in providing services on our behalf or compiling information to help us improve the services we provide you. For example, the handling of reservations, data processing or storage, guest surveys, research, credit card billing and transaction processing, internal marketing among our affiliated companies, subsidiaries and properties, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, Web sites and technology systems maintenance and security. We do not authorize third parties to use your personal information in any manner, except to provide services to us.
3. We disclose personal information to a person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to seek information as an agent of a guest. For example, a travel agent confirming a reservation on behalf of the guest.
4. Personal information may be shared with our agent to evaluate a guest’s credit worthiness or in order to collect on a guest’s account.
5. Personal information may be disclosed if required by law or ordered by a court or administrative agency.
7. We reserve the right to sell, transfer and/or license the personal information you provide us to one or more third parties in the event we sell all or substantially all of the assets or stock of The Breakers, or any of its affiliated companies, subsidiaries or properties
CHANGING PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent required by applicable law, you may request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you, and where appropriate, request that we update, correct, and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law, and where permitted, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to such request. Please remember, if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed. Please direct your requests to the address and person listed below under the section “How to Contact Us.” To protect your confidentiality, we will only respond to the address or e-mail you provide us in your request.
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS, PROMOTIONS, AND RESORT UPDATES
We provide our guests with exclusive offers, promotions and resort updates. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time using the link provided on our e-mail messages.
CAN-SPAM ACT COMPLIANCE
We are committed to being compliant with the “Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003” (“CAN-SPAM Act”), and e-mail newsletters and correspondence received from us are intended to fully comply with the CAN-SPAM Act. In the event you receive an e-mail from us which you believe is not fully compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act, please contact us immediately at the address listed below under the section “How to Contact Us.”
BY VISITING OUR WEB SITES
In certain areas of our Web sites, we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises our security measures, we will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party's ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personal information, please contact us via our Contact Us page.